Sunday, November 19, 2006

The best of '06 coming soon

You won't see my writing posted on Pitchfork. You can't read my take on the latest releases in the pages of Paste magazine. My words aren't scattered about the Triangle on a weekly basis in the Independent. Yet, here you can get it all. So after talking with a friend about a 'Best Song of 2006' list they were composing for a popular music website, which I personally view as a pompous-over-written and often skewed view on music, I've decided to embrace the soul of independent music and give everyone my Best of '06.

Before the year is over I will deliver to you the cream of the crop from the Triangle music scene. I've been thinking about this for a while and feel that as a DJ at WKNC and a budding writer I owe it to WKNC listeners, local musicians and myself to stand and deliver. It has been a packed full year of CD releases, live shows, and on-air interviews. The talent and musicianship found in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area is top notch and will make the decisions almost painstaking. The list should be posted sometime between Christmas and New Years- after all there are still plenty of shows to be seen before we ring in 2007. As of now there will be five categories:

  • Best Live Performance
  • Best Album Released in '06
  • Best EP Released in '06
  • Best Song
  • Best UNDISCOVERED Band
  • Best Interview of '06

Stay tuned.....

No comments: