Thursday, November 15, 2007

I love music.

I love how it finds me- Gambling the Muse

I love how I find it- Wax Fang

I don't care if the industry is in a crisis. Numbers lie. It is not possible to predict the future of a business based on numbers. You may be able to in car or home sales, but not in music. Music is an art, and the business that has been created by music is unpredictable because art is unpredictable. And most importantly--- radio is not dead. Music lovers still desire an organic, unfiltered way to discover new music, and that medium is college radio. The bloggers will continue to strive to be tastemakers, but radio will prevail. Building a set of songs, a playlist, live on the air, no preprogrammed bull, is one of the best feelings. It is different than a blog or pitchfork. It is art through art.

Rock out with your heart out.

No comments: