Sunday, November 18, 2007


Thanksgiving is on Thursday. It will be holiday season again. Wonderful holiday season. I will be having dinner at my sister's apartment, both my mom and dad will be there. They have been divorced five years and somehow, for some odd reason, we still eat together as a family on holidays.


Why? I don't get it. They are divorced. I am supposed to spend time with each separately, not together. Two years ago for Thanksgiving they rode together for the trip to Raleigh. My divorced parents in the same car for over two hours. Big mistake. I had to mediate for two hours so that they would at least agree on riding back together. They got divorced for a reason.

I will make it through another day of thanksgiving. Thankful for the semester almost complete. Thankful for holiday party season at work. Thankful for music.



I don't want another lonely Christmas. Another December of working late, drinking wine by myself at the bar, and coming home to cold hardwood floors. Even the best of music can't warm a solitary gray winter night. I will probably just work more. Put in more hours at the radio station.

Someone, the other day, told me I was beautiful. It sounded so simple and sweet. Maybe it was the beers. Maybe it was the hairstyle I had paid a lot for earlier that morning. Maybe he meant it. Maybe he will act on it. Regardless, I took the moment and added it to my memories not to be forgotten.

No comments: