Monday, March 12, 2007

SXSW Jealousy

To all that will be in Austin, TX this week for South by South West, drink a beer and scope out new music for me. Lack of financial and faculty support from the University has prevented WKNC staff from being present for the conference. I had a lofty goal that I would go on my own and planned on bringing business cards to hand out to all bands that caught my ear. I wanted to come back from Texas with the hottest newest music and freshen up the rotation. It's just not going to happen. I can't afford to fly or drive down there. I can't afford the pass, even at the discounted student price. I can't miss that much class without having the absences excused by the University. I can't afford to miss work. So, I will be tuning into KEXP's live broadcast and listening with envy.


No comments: